UK & World

A woman’s clothes caught fire while she was shopping

The woman whose clothes caught fire while shopping had to be taken to the hospital.

Sarah Beckett, 47, believes that a spare e-cigarette battery in her jeans pocket ignited after being “short-circuited” to a coin or battery.

Sarah Beckett reports that she was shopping at Aldi’s store when she felt something strange in her pocket and started listening. echo.

The shoppers rushed in as Sarah’s clothes caught fire and she began to scream. They grabbed a water bottle from the shelf and tricked her.

Sarah Beckett was shopping at Aldi when her pockets “raised like fireworks.”

Husband Andrew said. ” [She was] When I walk around Aldi and feel and hear something in my pocket, everything looks a little surreal, but she screams and remembers an older couple coming to help.

“Later, a Facebook man found out that these batteries could short out if the positive end touches a key, coin, etc.

“So when you first lit it, lit her clothes, coat, and jumper, it shorted in her pocket and exploded like fireworks.”

Sarah Beckett was shopping in Aldi when her clothes burned

Sarah Beckett was shopping in Aldi when her clothes burned (Image: Andrew Beckett)

Andy, who was working at the time of the incident, said, “The old couple came in a hurry. When I opened the coat, the red hot battery melted and bounced along the floor, still shining orange.

“The old lady kicked it off, grabbed a chair from somewhere, and began pouring water from Aldi’s shelves.

“The older woman was with her all the time, rubbing her arms and comforting her.”

Sarah Beckett was left on suspicion of two burns while shopping in Aldi after an

Sarah Beckett was left on suspicion of two burns while shopping in Aldi after an “e-cigarette battery” exploded in her pockmark. (Image: Liverpool Echo)

He states:

“I keep thinking that she would have been driving the main road a few minutes ago. Newton-le-Willows And thinking about what happened bothers me.

“I think we both had a little private whim when I got her home last night. She was very lucky. Also, it’s very nice that certain ordinary people were in the store at the same time. I was lucky.

“People definitely need to pay attention, we didn’t even think about the danger of a loose battery.”

Sarah is recovering at home after being suspected of having two burns.



A woman's clothes caught fire while she was shopping

Source link A woman's clothes caught fire while she was shopping

Related Articles

Back to top button