The DVLA urged drivers waiting for their license to be renewed to make sure they meet all the criteria needed to stay on the road.
driver According to Article 88 of the Road Traffic Act of 1988, you may be permitted to drive while waiting for your license to be renewed.
This rule applies to drivers that have sent an updated application to DVLA, but the license has expired while the application is in process. Daily Record Report..
However, DVLA warns that drivers must meet all eight criteria under Section 88. Otherwise, there is a risk that driving will be banned.
List of criteria based on Section 88
– yours doctor You must have said that it is suitable for driving. If your doctor isn’t sure how your condition affects driving, see Assessing Driving Aptitude-A Guide to Healthcare Professionals. here
- You have a valid driver’s license, apply with your current application and only drive vehicles that are eligible to drive with your previous license.
- If you hold a Group 2 (bus or heavy truck) license, your eligibility has not been suspended, revoked, or denied. traffic commissioner.
- Meets the conditions specified in the previous license that continue to apply.
- DVLA has received an accurate and complete application within the last 12 months.
- Your last license was not revoked or rejected for medical reasons.
- You are not currently disqualified from driving by the court.
- Since June 1, 2013, he has not been disqualified as a high-risk criminal (high-risk criminals are drivers convicted of serious drunk driving).
DVLA is being completed Medical research To determine if you can issue a license, you and your doctor are in the best position to review the criteria in Section 88 and decide if you should drive.
If section 88 is invalid
The cover of Section 88 is valid until one of the following applies:
- You will receive your new driver’s license (because it covers you driving).
- The application is rejected or the license is revoked by DVLA. In this case, you will receive a letter from DVLA.
- The application is over a year old.
- You were just up to now Disqualification From driving after the application was sent to DVLA.
Newsletter with the latest news, sports and the latest information Sign up here and Liverpool Echo
DVLA urges drivers to ensure that the Driver License Agency meets the criteria for staying on the road
Source link DVLA urges drivers to ensure that the Driver License Agency meets the criteria for staying on the road