Traveling around the world is often a catalyst for thinking about holidays and rest, but much of the UK workforce needs to travel for work purposes. As the world begins to open, work trips are beginning to resume.
For many, the anxiety about thinking about the COVID-19 test and what you need to do before you book the test and get out on the road may be among you and you may be able to escape everything. not.
To help hopeful travelers overcome obstacles and have a stress-free time, the Coronatest Center has searched the top UK and international searches for coronavirus. In partnership with a psychologist, here the brand offers tips, advice and information to help you on a stress-free business trip.
The top searches related to post-pandemic travel stress are Covid symptoms and PCR tests.
Anyone can feel anxious about traveling because of the discomfort in the new environment and the anxiety that the trip will go smoothly, and getting the correct Covid test in time.
We have analyzed the key elements of travel that the general public are most concerned about and have compiled a list of key tips to ensure a safe and stress-free travel experience.
- Covid Symptoms – With 1.97 million worldwide searches each month, Covid Symptoms are the most stress-inducing factor for the general public. The main symptoms are high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change of smell and taste. If you have any of these symptoms, check your current government guidance and start with a PCR test and self-diagnosis. -Separation.
- PCR Tests – Each month, PCR tests perform over 1,000,000 global searches. Waiting for and booking a Covid test from an unknown provider can cause significant psychological stress. The PCR test, Fit to Fly test, and Day 2 and Day 8 tests are a range of new test requirements for traveling in 2021. To avoid anxiety around these, always book in advance and choose a reliable coronavirus test clinic such as the corona test center where the tests are done to ensure you are in good hands. It is managed by a medical professional.
- Social Distance – Social distance can become more difficult in crowded areas after the social interaction between blocked people has diminished. Keep wearing a mask and keep yourself as far away as possible to further protect yourself.
- Hygiene – From hand washing to disinfectants, hygiene is an integral part of controlling the spread of the Covid-19 virus, so it makes sense for 205,000 people to search for it each month. You can protect yourself by maintaining a regular hand-washing routine and always carrying a hand sanitizer and a spare face mask.
- Antigen Tests – These tests are a great way to get fast results in just 30 minutes if you are stressed by being infected with a virus.
- Antibody Tests-Antibody tests can help you better understand the virus in different places, but these tests are not used for diagnosis, so if you are trying to clear yourself to travel safely, Should not be selected. .. However, some countries require antibody testing as part of their immigration requirements.
- Waiting for Covid Tests – Waiting for Covid test results can cause psychological stress. You can’t control the results of your tests, but it’s important to understand that you can control how long you wait and how you handle the results.
- Negative Thoughts – It’s easy to fall into a cycle of negative thoughts during this stressful time, but avoid getting caught up in difficulties. If you find yourself in a negative focus on a regular basis, consider seeking help from a mental health professional or a trusted friend or family member.
- Fear of Flying-Not all travel phobias are directly related to the coronavirus. After a period of non-travel, you may be worried about returning to the plane. Breathing and meditation can help support any stress you may be experiencing.
- Home Test Kits – Home test kits are a great way to help reduce anxiety about the coronavirus symptoms you may be facing. Doing your own test kits at home may seem scary at first, but choosing a trusted provider like the Corona Test Center will give you the most accurate results possible and pre-travel. Can relieve stress.
Top tips for managing stress and anxiety when traveling after a pandemic
Meditation is a great way to combat the anxieties associated with flying and traveling. It can help calm and soothe, and meditation skills can be worked on and improved over time.
Dr. Rachel M. Alan, a chartered counseling psychologist at Rachelallanconsultancy.com, commented:
“”Stress and depression can interfere with the hippocampus, an important brain structure associated with memory formation and recall. Therefore, effective stress management can be an important consideration for caring for memory function. Mindfulness practices are known to reduce stress and depression. “
Lee Chambers MBPsS, an environmental psychologist and welfare consultant, said:
“Promoting health using mindfulness and meditation is certainly something to consider. Its effects on the amygdala have been studied and practiced to free you from ruminating negative thoughts. And be able to connect to the present. By being able to lower cortisol levels and reduce inflammatory markers, we feel more relaxed and can cope with the harsh climate of today. Will be. “
If you’re feeling agitated or stressed while traveling, any form of exercise, such as a short walk, is a great way to relieve your nerves.
Ruth Cooper-Dickson, a practitioner of Positive Psychology at Champsconsult.com, said:
“All forms of exercise and activity are beneficial to the hippocampus. The hippocampus is the part of the brain that acts like a brake on the stress response.
“Exercise is great for activating GABBA (gamma-aminobutyric acid). It’s an amino acid that aims to calm the brain and act as a fire extinguisher, allowing brain cells to suppress their activity. GABBA activation provides quick and effective stress relief. “
- Distract yourself with TV shows and movies.
If you feel anxious or frustrated, distract yourself with your favorite movie or episode of a new or comforting show. Download these in advance to avoid connection issues that can exacerbate your stress.
Andy Phillips, Head of Training and Content at Escape Fitness, said:
“Watching movies and TV shows on mobile phones can act as a supplemental remedy to make you feel better. Cinema therapy, which uses films to manage mental health problems, can be thoughtful or You can improve your mood. There are movies that can evoke positive emotions and develop interpersonal skills. “
- Music will relieve anxiety.
Consider listening to soothing music and filling your head with more soothing emotions. It also acts as a circuit breaker for stressful thinking.
“Music requires involvement in the following patterns, memory elicitations, and multisensory feedback. At the same time, it leverages many different high levels of brain function to strengthen connections between different regions of the brain.” Dr. Rachel M. Alan says.
- Prioritize downtime by focusing on puzzles and tasks.
Puzzles are a great way to get rid of your mind from feelings of anxiety and stress
According to Dr. Rachel M. Alan “Working on tasks that require a combination of attention, recall, and problem-solving is a great way to keep cognitive function healthy and reduce the rate of decline. Studies show that crossword puzzles are regular. There is a clear link between completing and reducing memory loss. “
From Covid Tests to Flight-How to Manage Post-Pandemic Stress and Address Work-Related Travel Anxiety
Source link From Covid Tests to Flight-How to Manage Post-Pandemic Stress and Address Work-Related Travel Anxiety