latest Totaljobs Hiring Trends Index, A quarterly survey of more than 1,000 business and HR leaders provides the latest insights into UK recruitment and employment trends. The latest edition looks back on the third quarter of 2021 (July-September) and provides insights into what the labor market will look like in the coming months.
Looking forward to hiring in the fourth quarter
- As Christmas approaches, the latest Totaljobs Hiring Trends Index reveals: Almost one-third (29%) of companies expect to be affected by a lack of skills in the fourth quarter...
- This takes into account record jobs. One in three (32%) expects to increase the number of roles they will hire in the last few months of 2021.
- When thinking about their biggest challenge entering the next quarter Almost one-third (29%) of companies expect to be affected by lack of skills., Staff maintenance (28%), Maintaining flexible work (20%), When Unable to meet customer demand (19%)..
- The shortage has led many industries to raise wages, 18% of companies are concerned that they will not be able to offer competitive salaries in the fourth quarter of 2021...
- However, despite the expected challenges, overwhelmingly 58% Companies are confident in their ability to hire in the coming months, IT and Telecom, Media, Marketing, Advertising / PR, Sales, etc. It is the fourth quarter that we most commonly want to increase adoption in the industry.
Last 3 months (July-September):
- Media, Marketing, Advertising / PR & Sales (50%), IT & Telecom (49%).
Totaljobs CEO, Jon Wilson Comment: “Employers are facing fierce competition for talent as candidate activity has not yet met the record level of vacancy in the UK. The challenges companies anticipate in the last few months of this year are They are highly interrelated, and in some industries the lack of skills makes it difficult to meet customer demand, and open roles force existing staff to take on more work. While employers are increasing hiring, they also maintain, re-engage, and support existing staff to ensure that the people they need are sticking. It means that you are focusing on.
“Despite some hurdles ahead, employers are confident in their position in the labor market, while people can improve work-life balance, flexibility, or simply satisfaction. We are increasingly looking for a role that we can do, and we are confident in changing jobs and even changing jobs to achieve that. To take advantage of this, make it clear what your business really offers to people. Coordinated messaging helps you connect with relevant candidates. “
Twenty-nine percent of UK companies expect skill shortages to impact their success in the fourth quarter of 2021.
Source link Twenty-nine percent of UK companies expect skill shortages to impact their success in the fourth quarter of 2021.