Health

Two-thirds of companies experienced health and safety issues for lonely workers

To continue reading register Also log in To OHW + account.

More than two-thirds (68%) of organizations have experienced health and safety accidents involving one worker in the last three years, with one-fifth of these accidents being severe or very severe. It is explained.
Stress, mental health problems, and malaise are responsible for 59% of recorded lonely worker cases, and a survey of 1,300 lonely workers and health and safety experts by monitoring service StaySafe. According to the report, the remaining 41% addressed health problems, aggression and violence. Of the incident. The case of lonely workers was most commonly seen in manual, traditionally male-dominated industries. 76% of utilities, telcos and construction companies have experienced incidents in the last three years. Charities, social welfare services, and the NHS recorded the lowest number of incidents (59%). The organizations in this group provided the most training, with 60% holding briefings on regulatory requirements related to solo work. Ninety-two percent of organizations said lonely workers regularly talked about incidents and concerns, but only 36% of lonely workers expressed safety concerns to their employers. The majority of companies (83%) usually took action after the lonely worker’s case through improved training or additional safeguards. “Much underreporting of hazards is a major concern for health and safety executives, especially as staff do not seem to be aware that they are not having these conversations. Underreporting is a major concern for health and safety executives. You may underestimate the actual level of risk you face and fail to take the necessary safeguards to prevent accidents and incidents, “said StaySafe CEO Don Cameron. “We can see that the entire company is responsible for reporting incidents.

Two-thirds of companies experienced health and safety issues for lonely workers

Source link Two-thirds of companies experienced health and safety issues for lonely workers

Related Articles

Back to top button