Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
UK & World

A 12-year-old girl and a 17-year-old boy have been confirmed dead after a tragedy on Bournemouth Beach

A 12-year-old girl and a 17-year-old teenage boy have been confirmed dead after 10 people were pulled from the sea on Bournemouth Beach.

A man in his 40s who was on the water at the time of the incident was arrested. Dorset Police have said they suspect manslaughter.

Around 4:30pm people were in trouble at sea and lifeguards from a busy beach rushed into the water near Bournemouth Pier.

Emergency services rushed to the scene immediately, and a teenage boy and girl were taken to hospital with serious injuries. Sadly, both later died in hospital and their families were informed.

At the time of the horrific incident, the beaches were filled with thousands of people sunbathing during children’s semesters across the country.

A 12-year-old girl and a 17-year-old boy have died in a major accident in the waters of Bournemouth Beach.

One of the men was pulled from the water and had to undergo CPR by a lifeguard on the beach before being taken away by ambulance.

The other eight people had non-life-threatening injuries, but were treated by ambulances at the scene.

Bournemouth West MP Conor Burns said in a speech tonight: “This is official news and my deepest condolences go out to the families and friends of the two young men who tragically lost their lives today in Bournemouth.” rice field.

“It was a terrifying situation as they were enjoying the beautiful weather in our town.

‘so sad’.

A member of parliament recently said The incident provided a “helpful lesson” that “there are always dangers” on the coast and in the sea.

He went on to thank lifeguards and air ambulance workers “who we take for granted.”

An investigation is now underway into the circumstances surrounding the tragedy.

Dorset Police Superintendent Neil Corrigan said: “Our thoughts are with the loved ones of the young people who died tragically and we are doing everything we can to support their families.” rice field.

“We know the beach was very busy at the time of the incident, but if you have any information that could help our investigation, we would love to hear from you.”

“We are in the early stages of our investigation and ask that you refrain from speculating about the circumstances surrounding the incident.”

Anyone with information about what happened should contact Dorset Police. www.dorset.police.uk Or call 101 with the origination number 55230083818.

Alternatively, witnesses can contact independent charities. Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously online. Crimestoppers-uk.org Or call us toll-free on 0800 555 111.

Multiple agencies were involved in the operation

Multiple agencies were involved in the operation

The beach had to be cleared before the ambulance landed

All involved are believed to have been between the ages of 12 and 18.

Paul Moyes, 61, said he believed officials were jumping off the pier into the sea.

“I think they went off the edge of the pier and went too far,” he said. They must have been caught in the current. I have lived here for 61 years and have never seen anything like this. ”

At the time, thousands of people flocked to Dorset Beach during the May half-term holidays to sunbathe and swim in the 23-degree heat.

Southwestern Ambulance Service told Mail Online it had “transferred two patients to Royal Bournemouth Hospital and Poole Hospital.”

Thousands of people were sunbathing and playing in the water in the 23-degree heat during the May half-term holiday.

Beachgoer Litta Salcella said her daughter and her friend were at sea at the time and witnessed what happened.

“When they came back from the water, they saw a teenage boy struggling,” she said.

“We went to the lifeguards to get help and let them know what was going on. There were three young men there and they were looking for a fourth.”

Thousands Enjoying Weather But Police Ask Beaches to Be Removed

Thousands Enjoying Weather But Police Ask Beaches to Be Removed

Both were taken to Royal Bournemouth Hospital and Poole Hospital.

Both were taken to Royal Bournemouth Hospital and Poole Hospital.

Eman Kamal from Southampton was at the beach with his mother and 3-month-old baby.

She told the BBC that after 4pm, lifeguards began telling people to leave the beach as there had been a major incident.

“About 20 minutes later the first air ambulance arrived and landed in the middle of the beach,” she said.

Kamal continued, “Lifeguards began searching the sea on jet skis and boats, about 20 minutes later a second air ambulance arrived, and another hour and a half to complete the entire search and rescue operation. It took,” he said. ‘

A spokesman for the Dorset and Wiltshire Fire Department said today that they were “called to East Beach, Bournemouth at 4:39pm to assist in a multi-agency incident.”

“We have personnel from Westbourne and Springbourne, and a technical rescue team from Poole.”

A spokesperson for the Southwestern Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) said earlier today: “2 air ambulances, 6 two-seat land ambulances, 1 life-saving ambulance, 2 operators, 1 doctor, hazardous area coverage. We sent a team and an ambulance,” he said. responding police officer.

“Two people were pulled from the water and handed over to an ambulance,” the Coast Guard told MailOnline. I am satisfied with it,” he said.

The bus route that normally goes to the pier stop has been changed to pass through the square.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12144955/BREAKING-Air-ambulance-police-fire-service-rush-Bournemouth-beach.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 A 12-year-old girl and a 17-year-old boy have been confirmed dead after a tragedy on Bournemouth Beach

Related Articles

Back to top button