Firefighters responded to a call to an apartment on Straight Road in Ramford at 10:55 pm on Sunday (May 3).
Concerned neighbors expressed their concerns on social media.
“There was a terrible fire in our Straight Road apartment building. I hope everyone is safe and no one was hurt,” Kelly Bulger said on the Harold Hill Community Facebook group.
However, the fire was extinguished by 3:38 am on Monday (May 4), less than five hours after LAS was dispatched to the scene.
Two residents were examined for smoke inhalation and part of the first floor was damaged, but no one was injured.
Harold Hill, Rumford, horn church participated in the fire.
The London Fire Service warned that cigarettes should be extinguished immediately and disposed of properly to avoid similar accidents.
https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/23568311.brigade-issues-cigarette-warning-harold-hill-fire/?ref=rss Brigade Issues Tobacco Warning After Harold Hill Fire