Nicolae Ion, 31, has admitted to planning a robbery at Peter Gouldstone’s home on Evesham Road, Enfield before 6 November 2018, Snaresbrook Crown, East London. The court heard on Monday.
Mr Gouldstone was found with a head injury in his North London home on 6 November 2018 and was taken to hospital where he remained until he died later that month.
But there is no suggestion that Aeon was responsible for Gouldstone’s death, Judge Gerald Pounder stressed Monday.
Prosecutor Simon Sandford said Ion “appeared to be saying, ‘I was about to rob this property, but another team or person arrived before me and was robbing it.'” ‘ so the plan was cancelled.
Mr Ion was initially charged with theft, but on Monday the king agreed to charge him with lesser conspiracy to steal, leaving the former pending.
Mr Sandford added, “The constant concern is that there was an elderly man on the premises who died shortly afterwards, and the King would publish it as a fact, but the defendant was party to that fact. We will make it clear that there is no evidence of that,” he added. That man is dead. ”
“There is no indication that Mr. Ion was responsible (for Mr. Gouldstone’s death) and, as a result, Mr. Ion has not been charged,” the judge said.
Gouldstone suffered a second-degree hemorrhage to the brain and extensive bruising on his body, and a post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be complications from a traumatic head injury.
A £10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the men who broke into the home of a former telephone operator who served in Italy during World War II.
The appeal was also featured on CrimeWatch.
The court found that Ion had previously pleaded guilty to two related crimes.
He is scheduled to be sentenced at Snelesbrook Crown Court on October 6.
https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/23603546.man-admits-plan-burgle-98-year-old—not-kill/?ref=rss Man admits 98-year-old man to robbery plan but did not kill him