More homeowners are sustaining solar energy into their houses as more governments across the world embrace clean energy policies in an effort to cut global emissions. Solar provides a lot of advantages, including practical and financial ones like reduced dependency on fossil fuels, tax rebates, and lower energy bills.
However, did you know that having battery storage for your solar energy can help you save money on your bills? Today, we’ll look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of battery storage.
What is the definition of a solar battery?
When the solar panels are unable to create electricity, a solar battery allows you to continue powering your home with sustainable solar energy in the evening and at night. Solar PV panels transform solar energy into useable electricity, and they frequently produce more energy than can be consumed. This surplus is sent to the National Grid without the need of a solar battery. This means you won’t be able to use the energy yourself once the sun has set, and you’ll have to rely on your energy provider.
Here are some amazing benefits of attaching Solar Batteries for home to your solar power system:
- Users may store energy in solar batteries and use to power their house when they need it.
- It allows households to become less reliant on the power grid.
- In some locations, the utility company is obligated to purchase back any extra energy generated by customers, resulting in a cheaper monthly payment.
- The increase in lithium ion production has brought prices down to the point where normal people can afford it.
- Users can have an alternate power source that is ecologically beneficial by combining a PV system with battery storage.
- Battery technology has steadily evolved, resulting in increased capacity, efficiency, and longevity, as well as making them more affordable for both local and large-scale solar projects.
The energy supplied by the solar panels is used to charge most battery systems in backup mode. Any surplus energy is either given back to the power grid or used by the house once it has been completely charged. If the grid goes down, the system will deliver power to protected loads selected by the user. You may also consume less power from the grid using a battery, resulting in a cheaper utility cost.
In the case of a power loss, battery systems are also filled with grid and solar power in priority backup mode, which fills the system faster. Some systems also include self-supply modes, which allow you to draw energy from the system if your solar panels aren’t producing enough for your house, resulting in grid power being used as a backup for your protected loads.
Best Brand for Solar Battery
No Doubt there are dozens of good brands for solar batteries but we can’t select all of them as solar batteries are one time investments in 15 to 20 years for our solar panel system. Choosing the best brands like Loom Solar remains the best option for choosing the solar batteries for your solar panel system.